- June 6, 2023
When we shift from an android phone to an iPhone one of the major difficulties is figuring out a way to transfer data.
We all come across the difficulty of transfer of data. Because Android phones and Apple devices use distinct operating systems, transferring data from Android to iPhone is a difficult operation. With so many iPhone models to select from in shops and online, Apple continues to produce high-quality handsets that dominate the mid-range and high-end markets.
There are various techniques for transferring photos, movies, text messages, and other data from an Android handset to an iPhone. In this article, we will discuss How to transfer data from Android to iPhone. Some of the requirements which need to be followed before doing so are mentioned below.
Here we will look into How to transfer data from Android to iPhone.
Do These Checks First
- Have a charge of at least 75%: the bigger the charge, the better. It’s natural for your phone to become warm and, as a result, drain its battery at a significantly faster rate depending on how much data you’re downloading.
- Maintain a steady Wi-Fi connection: We’ll be transporting the data wirelessly, therefore a strong and stable signal is required for the best transfer.
- Check the quantity of data you’re moving twice: Your iPhone’s storage space may or may not be sufficient to accept every file. If not, now is a good opportunity to arrange your old files on your Android phone, deciding what to preserve, what to put on an external device, and what to get rid of before you move.
We have mentioned different methods to transfer your data from Android to iPhone. Read all of them carefully then choose the one you prefer. We have mentioned the steps of these methods with them so keep in mind to do everything according to the steps.
Transfer Android Data to iPhone with “Move to iOS”
Move to iOS is the program that Apple developed to assist users who switched from an Android handset to an iPhone, similar to the Smart Switch that Samsung created to help people switch to Galaxy. However, some users noted that it is time-consuming and occasionally fails. If you find these problems you can opt for any other method from further below. Before we begin:
- Check that your Android phone is running Android 4.0 or later.
- Transferring contacts, messages, camera photographs and videos, mail accounts, and calendars to iOS is supported.
- The free Android apps will be offered for download on the App Store, while the paid apps will be put on the user’s iTunes wish list.
- If you’ve already configured your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to restart it.
Do these before transferring the data. Now let’s look at the steps to move the data from Android to iPhone.
- Configure your iPhone until you reach the “Apps & Data” page.
- Select the “Move Android Data” option.
- Go to “Google Play Store” on your Android phone.
- Open the Move to iOS app after downloading and installing it.
- On both your Android and iPhone, press the “Continue” button.
- On your Android phone, press the “Agree” and “Next” buttons.
- Enter the 10-digit or 12-digit code displayed on the iPhone on your Android phone.
- Then, using a private Wi-Fi network, your Android phone will connect to your iPhone.
- On Android, select the data to be transferred.
- To begin transferring data from Android to iPhone, press the “Next” button.
- On your Android device, press the “Done” button.
- Then, on your iPhone, press the “Continue” button.
- Set up and activate your iPhone or iPad by following the onscreen instructions.
Transfer Data from Android to iPhone without “Move to iOS”
You can try to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone by manually transferring the data. You can either do it by PC or iMac. The steps for both are given below.
Manual Transfer by PC
- Connect your Android phone to your computer.
- Import your Android phone’s photographs and videos to a new folder on your PC.
- Remove your Android phone and connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open iTunes on your PC.
- Choose your iPhone’s device button (top left corner).
- In the options menu on the left, select the content from the folder on your computer that you wish to sync (music, photos, files, etc.).
- Check the box next to each category you want to sync.
- After you’ve selected everything you wish to sync, click Apply or Sync in the bottom right corner.
Manual Transfer By Mac
- Connect your Android phone to your Mac.
- Import your files to a new folder using the Android file transfer app.
- Remove your Android device and connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Select your iPhone in the finder on your Mac (or iTunes in older Mac OS versions).
- Configure the finder parameters for each file type you want to sync (music, books, photos, files, etc.)
- Select Apply for each category you want to sync by checking the box.
Transfer Using Any Trans
Any Trans is a data transfer app just like Move to iOS, below are the steps to transfer data using Any Trans.
- Connect your Android and iPhone to your PC using USB connections and launch AnyTrans.
- Select “Phone Switcher” from the left panel.
- Select “Phone to iPhone” mode.
- Choose your source and target devices.
- To begin transferring Android files to your iPhone, press the “Next” button. By default, all supported files will be checked.
Transfer Using Google Drive
Google Drive is available on iOS, Android, Mac, and PC, making it a simple way to view documents and other data across many platforms. Simply back up your data on your Android phone, then install the Google Drive app on your iPhone to gain fast access to your files. Google Drive can only transfer files, images, videos, settings, and app data. You may manually download files from Android to your PC and then transfer them to iCloud if you’re determined to only use Apple products moving forward. To access the data, you only need to connect your iPhone to iCloud.
We can transfer data from Android to iPhone by using these above-mentioned methods. Yet, the question “Can we transfer Apps from Android to iOS?” occurs in our mind. The answer to that question is “Yes”. Some free apps that are accessible on both Android and iOS can be moved using the Move to iOS app. Unfortunately, you cannot move paid apps automatically.
You’ll need to go to the App Store on your iPhone and search for each app to see if it exists on iOS for paid apps and apps that don’t transfer. If you can’t locate an exact match, an analogous app is usually available. Search for “the app name iOS equivalent” for suggestions. You can use these alternatives instead of the Android apps.
This concludes our topic of How To Transfer Data From Android To iPhone. You can use these 4 methods and transfer your data easily. Try using the Move to iOS option rather than Any Trans, because it is more trustworthy.